I Cooked Healthy Food for a Week

Hello Friends.

Welcome to this healthy food challenge. This week I will make a specialized meal once a day (to post). Of course I eat 3 meals a day, but I wanted this to be a challenge that I can share with others along with myself.

I will be cooking with my friends Clarissa and Randy, Colin, my mom and others.

SUNDAY

It's a beautiful rainy day and Clarissa, Randy and I am going to make GREEN CURRY. Yum Yum Yum. (GF and Dairy Free).


Since this blog is food related, I guess we should put the ingredients. You know, to make it look all official.

INGREDIENTS:
Potatoes
Chicken
Carrots
Onions
Shallot
Garlic
Coconut Milk
Green Curry Base
Bamboo Shoots
Spinach
Cilantro
Green Onion



MONDAY

I had a very vivid dream about chicken noodle soup, and when I woke up-- I wanted to eat it!


My mom and I made CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP for lunch today, and I am a very happy camper! It was DELICIOUS. (GF and Dairy Free).

Thanks for all your help Mama!(^.^)

INGREDIENTS:
Chicken Breast
Chicken Bouillon Cube (GF)
Carrots
Napa Cabbage
Onion
Mushrooms
Rosemary
Sage
Natural Sugar (Very Little)
Konbu, Salt and Pepper to Taste
Gluten Free Spaghetti Noodles






TUESDAY

Today my Mama and I made KIMCHI SOUP and SUBUTA. (GF and Dairy Free).

Kimchi Soup INGREDIENTS:
Napa Cabbage
Shiitake Mushroom
Kimchi
Tofu
Green Onion
Aburaage
Salmon
Daikon




Subuta INGREDIENTS:
Pork (Fried with Potato Starch)
Onion
Red Pepper
Ginger
Garlic
Carrots
Shiitake Mushrooms

Subuta Sauce INGREDIENTS:
Potato Starch
Ketchup
Vegetable Bouillon (GF)
Soy Sauce (GF)
Sugar
Sake
Mirin






WEDNESDAY

Today Colin and I are going to make CHICKEN AND VEGGIE CASSEROLE. It was DELICIOUS! (GF and Dairy Free).


We are totally stealing a recipe from Nutritionist in the Kitch, and since it's a stolen recipe-- I can put the actual ingredient list (in the fancy way).


INGREDIENTS (Modified):
2 Cooked Chicken Breast (Cut into Small Pieces)
1 cup Cooked Quinoa
¼ cup Egg Whites
1 cup Kale
1 cup Corn
2 Green Onion (Diced)
4 Tablespoons Fresh Salsa
½ Tsp Chili Powder
½ Tsp Cumin
½ Tsp Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper







THURSDAY

I bring you this slight intermission to talk about the voting choices for this week.

Here are the next two options for next weeks blog. This blog will end on SATURDAY. I know I've been giving an extra day, but to maintain an actual week--we will make it an ACTUAL week. (7 days instead of 8 days).  Weird, I know.

You have to either make a Blogspot account to vote, and please comment below OR text me at 253-234-9451.

Go to Sleep Before Midnight for a Week VS. Go For a Morning Run For a Week

All votes are final by SATURDAY at 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.  


NOW BACK TO THE FOOD.

First of all, HAPPY NATIONAL EAT WHAT YOU WANT DAY. 

I think because it is such a special day, I decided to make a dessert!

It's important to cheat once in a while, otherwise you'll go crazy! It's good to snack in moderation, as long as its every once in a while.

I decided to make all natural CHOCOLATE MUFFINS. (GF)

INGREDIENTS:
Milk 
Butter 
Egg
Sugar
Brown Rice Flour
Cocoa
Tapioca Starch
Fermented Sugar
Salt
Baking Powder

I promise to stop myself at 2 muffins. I'll share the rest!




 
As you can see, natural muffins don't look as appetizing as muffins with artificial ingredients. Especially since I cut down heavily on the sugar, starch, butter and milk. The taste though? Pretty great. :)


FRIDAY


Today I made QUINOA AND BROWN RICE WITH VEGGIES.(GF and Dairy Free)

It was a simple meal, but it was still healthy. I had an early morning shift, and I'm pretty pooped from that--so I figured a simple meal would hit the spot.

INGREDIENTS:
Quinoa
Brown Rice
Garlic
Onion
Carrot
Green Onion
Sea Salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Parsley 
Egg



SATURDAY

Hello! Today I made another Quinoa dish. 

I made QUINOA AND KALE SCRAMBLE (GF and Dairy Free)

INGREDIENTS:
Egg Whites
Quinoa
Kale
Garlic Powder
Cumin Powder
Chili Powder
Salt 
Pepper




Thanks for dealing with my Quinoa obsession. I know they look pretty similar, but they tasted pretty different! 

Now to announce the winning challenge.....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Go For a Morning Run For a Week!

Comments

Post a Comment