7 Things I'm Thankful For

Hey Guys,

Here I am going to share a bit of myself, and tell you seven things I'm thankful for. One thing each day.

Thanks for sticking around with this blog so far. Life has been so busy so I appreciate everyone's patience.

I'm Thankful For: My Health and Others

I met a lady at work today, and she was in pretty terrible pain. She had back pain that made it almost difficult to walk, and she was breathing pretty heavily.  My heart broke for her, especially since I know what it is like to have back pain and how much it makes life so much harder. I helped her however way I could, and she was thankful. My prayers go out to her. Please pray for her too

Being sick with Charlie really opened my eyes to the different kind of illnesses out there. I also know how important it is to make every decision a healthy one, because STRESS is truly a killer. I am thankful for being healthier, and Charlie being in the state that he is currently. (He's the smallest I've ever seen him!!) All I did was eat better, drink tea, exercise, and avoided people that stressed me out. It's the little things that really help you overcome these obstacles. Our bodies are designed to heal. We just have to make decisions to help us reach that point.

I am thankful that my friends are in such good shape, and they are also overcoming their obstacles. I am thankful for people to help me make more healthy decisions in the first place.

Health is SO important, and I am thankful to God for what I have been able to achieve. I just pray for that lady at work today. She needs prayer so much more than I do, and I hope to see her again healthy and in much better shape. 

I'm Thankful For: My Bestie Alden and Sayaka

Alden and Sayaka were a couple for a few years, but I was best friends with both of them for many years. Unfortunately, Sayaka passed away last Easter, but she still remains in both of our hearts. I believe that we are meant to meet people for a reason, and I think that without Sayaka, Alden and I wouldn't have been the same.

Alden and I became friends 8 years ago through a fire drill at the local high school. I was on cold medicine, and I was extremely loopy. I approached Alden in a child like notion, but despite this--we became great friends almost immediately. We stuck together for many years, and we still are the best of friends despite our ups and downs.

I met Sayaka through a job, and we immediately clicked. I never had a friend where I clicked with them within the first sentence of knowing them. We were just passing by each other--and we stopped and stared. She grabbed me by the hands and said "You're my friend now. You're going to be my best friend. You can't say no." The way she stared at me was like staring into a puppy's eyes. I couldn't say no. Besides, who doesn't want more friends? In hindsight, I think she knew I needed her as much as she needed me. She was a gift from God.

Sayaka and I stuck to each others side like gum, and once I invited Alden to come hang out with us--they clicked and fell in love. It was the three of us and we were the best of friends. We just understood each other. I can't explain the connection we had besides mentioning a Kingdom Hearts reference. Sayaka was like Mickey, Alden was like Goofy, and I was like Donald. We were three very different personalities, but when we worked together we were able to achieve anything.

Easter is coming up and Alden and I miss her terribly. However, I can't thank both of you enough for the influence you've both had in my life. I wouldn't be the same without both of you, and thank you Alden for still being here to cherish the memories of her with me. Alden and Sayaka are the perfect example of what a true friend really is, and I am eternally grateful to the both of them.

I'm Thankful For: Colin

Colin is obviously a very special individual in my life. However, one significant thing he has done is save me from a situation that was killing me.

I used to be in a really abusive relationship. Mentally and emotionally especially I was in no positive state and Charlie was just getting worse. I was utterly unhappy but afraid to get out of the relationship because I felt powerless, weak and my parents were not proud of me being with this person either.

Colin was the only person able to convince me to get out of that situation. He didn't tell me "leave them." He helped me recognize that self worth and made me realize how strong of a person I really was. He continues to remind me of this, especially if I'm feeling insecure and he has always has been the main person to calm down Charlie whenever he's feeling mad.

Colin, you are a wonderful person. You are a great listener, you constantly strive to be a better person, and most of all...just being around you makes me happy. I like being able to spend time with you and eat frozen yogurt with you. I like how we get smoothies once a week or how you allow me to go on my Quinoa frenzy's and I force feed you my cooking. (I'm kidding. :] )

Thank you for being the greatest story teller I've ever known,  especially when it comes to Natalie, Sounder or Gumdrop stories. Thank you for being one of the few people I can trust the most and completely open up to.

Thank you for saving me, I am eternally grateful towards you.

I'm Thankful For: My Parents

My parents have always been supportive of me. They hold a special place in my heart, and part of me will ALWAYS be a Daddy's girl and a Mommy's girl. They have helped me grow to be the person I am today, and have encouraged me in more ways than one.

Mama, thanks for always cooking delicious food and taking me to piano lessons every week for 20 years. Thanks for allowing me to pick up a second instrument, and then take me to flute lessons for ten plus years.

Papa, thanks for also making delicious food and working extra hard so I can continue my music career. Thank you for being so enthusiastic about my compositions and encouraging to strive to be a better person every day.

Mama, Papa, Thanks for making me the person I am today. Thank you for always listening to me, always loving me, and always nagging me.

P.S: Thanks for the delicious food too. :]


I'm Thankful For: My Puppy Sounder

I like to cry in private. I don't want people to see me weak, but for some reason--Sounder finds his way to me to stop my tears from falling.

Sounder is the most loving puppy I have ever met. He always cuddles with me, he's always happy, and he's the best playmate ever. I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like he's the one playing with me sometimes when we play fetch or other dog related game. He's always so crazy excited for his walks, and he just makes me so happy.

I couldn't imagine my life without him. Thank you for being the best puppy ever Sounder. <3


Please enjoy this video of Sounder. He was very excited for his walk. :]

I'm Thankful For: The Ability to Learn

As a future educator, it is everything to me to be able to teach others. However, it just as important to learn new things everyday.

I am thankful for the ability to learn new things everyday. I am able to go to school, work my hardest in class, and learn how to better my career path in a practical manner.

In life, we NEVER stop learning. We learn while we teach, we learn when we interact, we learn when we socialize. We learn how to succeed mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

We never stop learning as humans, and I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to do so.
I know that I am extremely thankful for this, and I look forward to sharing my talents with others. I want to be able to help the world as much as possible, and I need to keep learning to achieve that.


I'm Thankful For: Having a Place to Live

Being a college student, there is no way I could provide a home for myself due to my busy schedule. I am at school from 8 am to 11 pm every day and that schedule is overwhelming at times.

The best part of the day is coming home. I get to see my puppy, my family, and lay in my bed and wake up at 6:30 am for the next day. That one hour of reprieve before going to bed means the world to me, and I couldn't imagine surviving my schedule without it.

At the end of the day, having a place to call home is extremely important. I am thankful for everything my family has done to provide this home for me, and I'm thankful to my bed for being so comfy. ;]

Thanks for sticking with me this week. I'll see you next time. :]

Comments

  1. Bestie these are super sweet and I know Sayaka And I agree that we would be thankful for you being in our lives thank you for being my bestie and here is to many more years of friendship!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment