Let Me Introduce Myself

Hey,
My name is Eri and Charlie here is my thyroid. I have Grave's Disease, and let me tell you--life hasn't been easy. I've been taking hyperthyroid medication for a year and a half now, and I have gained a lot more weight than I am comfortable with! I wanted to create this blog to not only possibly inspire anyone else out there-- but also show the world that change is possible. 

I will try to make this blog as fun as possible. Sometimes when life is hard, the best way to cope with is prayer, ambition and smiles. Optimism is the greatest medicine sometimes, even if Godzilla is destroying the town behind you. If we focus on the negative, then how can we possibly keep hoping for the positive? With this blog I hope to not only record my progress with you, but hopefully, just HOPEFULLY I can make you crack a little smile. 


To contrast. This was before I got sick. I was 20 years old. I was also 112 Pounds and Perfectly happy and healthy. Don't judge the creepy smile though. I am not plotting your death. 




This is me now. I am 24 years old, in love with R2D2, and 170 Pounds because of my medication.  You see quite the difference right? Yeah. Love for R2D2 can really take away the creepy smile. You'll see more on my weight later. I know I'm hiding in the color black. I do wear other colors....sometimes.






 Anyways,

See you soon. I will update as much as I can. (As much as a college student with two jobs can). 

Sincerely,

Eri



Comments

  1. i would like to tell that u have a wonderful smile and happy bout how u deal life with positivity. I cant tell much as of the moment but i would love to follow ur stories and learn more things about u. i am glad that u were able to share this blog not only to inspire but to make realization on various things. I’d be thankful if u will share more of insights to this point were u have the most wonderful smile. U could help me best to understand my possible role to the important person in my life who i recently know having grave’s disease

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ongaku,
      Thank you so much for such a wonderful comment. Please continue to follow the weekly challenges. I tend to extend the weekly challenges to one post to keep each challenge organized.

      Thank you for enjoying my smile. The best way to deal with my Charlie situation is to smile through the good and the bad. It's the best way to not only keep the cortisol (stress) levels down, but also to keep Charlie happy. I will have Grave's disease for the rest of my life, but I can always try my hardest to strive for my health.

      Thank you for your comment and I hope you enjoy my blog!

      -Eri

      Delete

Post a Comment