Make a Playlist for each other!

Hello!

This weeks challenge included some individual work. We each had to make a list of 10 songs with a YouTube link. We had to listen to the music, and at the end we had to convey what songs we actually liked. My personal challenge was not choosing all classical music. I had to look deeper within myself, and I had to narrow it down to a couple pieces that I wouldn’t mind listening to 24/7. As a classical musician, it is all I listen to. However, I have a soft spot of Shostakovich and Tchaikovsky. Colin knows that’s all I listen to. Also, he’s listened to plenty of classical music with me- and this is a challenge is for him to listen to a side of me he doesn’t usually listen to.



Eri’s Playlist

  • Waltz No. 2 -Shostakovich ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
  • 優しさに包まれたなら -魔女の宅急便 ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
  • 風になる-猫の恩返し✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
  • Papa Paname-A Monster in Paris (French Original) ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
  • In your eyes-Rainie Yang (Taiwan)
  • Love - Brown Eyed Girl (Korea)
  • Crosswalk -鈴木みのり✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
  • 灯火のまにまに-東山 奈央✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
  • Desire -Do as Infinity
  • Dance of the Reed Flute (Nutcracker)-Tchaikovsky ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )

I ended up choosing 5 Japanese songs. Since I prefer Japanese music the most since that’s what I grew up listening to with my family. (We are Japanese). Two instrumental works, and three songs from three different places. I personally enjoyed a Monster in Paris in French a lot more than the English dub.

Colin’s feedback:

I like the first song. I like the “wom wom” in the background.

Song 2/3 I liked the bass in this one

4/5/8 I couldn’t understand what was going on in this one.

Song 6: Doggy! I feel like I would like the song a lot more if I could understand it. That doggy though! He gets a 10 out of 10 of these guys  ✌︎('ω'✌︎ ) Not sure what was with the abrupt stop though

Song 7 had cool instrumentation!

Song 10: I don’t think you’d forgive me if I said i didn’t like this one :P I do though! Nutcracker is great!

Overall: 7/10

✌︎('ω'✌︎ ) = “I actually liked this one!”





Colin’s Playlist
  • Emancipator: Baralku
  • Emancipator: Time for Space
  • Dc Talk: In The Light (Live)
  • My God, It’s Full of Stars: Lightness of Beings
Song 4
  • John Scatman: Scatman ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
  • John Scatman: Ballad of Love ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
Song 6
  • Falling Up: Stormland (I might have shown you this one before) ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
  • Relient K: Silent Night/Away In a Manger/I Celebrate the Day (Sorry about the weird 
    repeating part around 2:30. It only lasts about 15 seconds. I couldn’t find a full copy of thissong anywhere online, since it’s technically 3 songs that all go together) ✌︎('ω'✌︎ )
Song 8
  • David Crowder: I Saw the Light/I’ll Fly Away (I’m thinking you probably won’t like this one :P I sang this on stage once 3 years ago though! I sang it while playing cowbell and a electronic drum kick hooked up to our bass amp)
  • Explosions In The Sky: Remember Me as the Time of Day
Song 10

My feedback:

The first song, I thought it was cool at first. However it became too repetitive for my taste. I started to get annoyed towards the end, instead of enjoying the music.

The second song, to me- sounded like babymaking music for the first 3 minutes. Later, the use the instruments was very cool! However, those first three minutes definitely break the “like” cycle for me.


The third song was “meh.” I’d listen to it again if I was in the car with Colin. I wouldn’t listen to it if I was alone though.

The forth song, was just plain eww. It was too generic sounding for my taste. Sorry (*´Д`*)

Song five and six, I really enjoyed. Who doesn’t like scatting? The guy had an adorable old man vibe to him. I’d listen to these on my own.


I really enjoyed the seventh song. It was very relaxing and I’d listen to it again.

The eighth song I had liked but it was a “borderline” like. Silent night was auto tuned in some areas and made it sound really tacky. But it could be a video issue, so I gave the benefit of the doubt.

The ninth song was made me want to say “Howdy Partner” instead. Too country for me. Lord have mercy.

Last song, was ok.. too repetitive and similar to the first piece.

Overall 4/10

See the source image

The winner was Colin!

He was a lot more open about my list than I was on his list. So I claim Colin to be the winner!

See you next week!

Eri 

Comments